Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Romantic Night at the Baum's

You’ve all seen pictures of the bucks Jeremy’s killed but I bet you wonder, “What does he do with all those dead deer.” Well here is your opportunity to see first hand.

Last night the Baum’s spent a ultra romantic night grinding deer meat. Yes ladies I let him do it in my kitchen and I even helped. I think I should get wife of the year award.

Anyway…once the meat was all ground we packaged some to be eaten as burger and the rest was turned into hot Hungarian sausage.

My husband playing with his meat!


This is Jeremy mixing his meat!!! I was not about to get involved in that.

For all those worried about our sanitary conditions, no need to worry any longer. Everything was sanitized before, after and during. Also, quality control was on hand at all times. Any meat that fell on the floor was quickly disposed of.

8 comments:

Derek Linder said...

Wow! Jeremy's really been after the deer! I have to admit, there is nothing like venison and eggs for breakfast. Throw in a couple pieces of toast, some fresh raspberry jam, and you have one of the best breakfasts this side of heaven!

Da Baums said...

Derek, you should really try Jeremy's hot Hungarian sausage with your eggs and toast. Wowie is it finger licking good!

Anonymous said...

Jeremy DEFINITELY married the right woman for sure!! Yes, you do deserve wife of the year award. I don't think I could stomach a deer being hung, drawn & quarterd and ground up in my kitchen!!!

Derek Linder said...

IfI get the chance, I'll definitely come up and try some :)

David, Jenn, and Abby said...

If i wasn't nauseous before...I am now!

Anonymous said...

Yes, you do deserve "wife of the year"! Dennis ground his venison (it was 3 deer total) in my kitchen one time. I repeat, he did it one time. He now grinds, pops, and spatters the meat in the garage where there is much easier cleanup! And I don't have to clean cupboards, walls, floors, and counters afterwards! But yes, venison is quite tasty and we are enjoying the rewards of having it in our freezer!

Anonymous said...

Well I never got over to you to congratulate you two. You're going to be parents!!! We are very happy for you both and pray for a very healthy, beautiful baby (baby boys are beautiful when they are born if that's what it will be).

Say what does Hot Hungarian Sausage taste like. I'd love to have a bite of some. My Grandmother used to make real Polish Sausage and it was the best ever. She was Russian so I think there was a tad bit of that in there too.

Cooke family said...

The dogs with glowing eyes in the background really add to scene!