Friday, July 21, 2006

Fish story...


Once again Da Baums went on a camping/fishing/snorkeling expedition. Kristi, once again, came back with the biggest and the most fish! But I also have a GREAT fish story to tell.

We of course started the day with fishing. After about 20 minutes I had caught my halibut limit, one being about 50lbs. After watching my husband catch nothing for awhile I got bored and was itching too geta pole back in the water. So I decided to get my little trout spinner pole with 10 lb test out and try for a King Salmon. Well not 5 mins. Later I landed a pretty little 15lb king.

By this time Jeremy had finally caught a halibut and was getting bored and wanted to reel up and hit the beach. I said, "just one more cast, puuulllleeaaseeee??"

Well being the ever great husband he said ok. So I tossed it in one more time and got a bite. I set the hook but then couldn't lift the pole... Jeremy said, "You've got bottom." I highly disagreed, I knew I had a fish. So he took the pole and proceeded to get it "off the bottom" and realized I did have a fish and handed the pole back laughing.

He said, "Great we are going to be here all day trying to get that thing to the boat."

About the time I would get this fish to the boat it would take off back for the bottom. Finally after about 10 minutes I almost got him to the top and my poor little trout pole snapped. I was bummed about that because I had just got this pole the week before. But my sadness turned into pure joy when I saw the fish my little trout pole helped me catch! To our astonishment it was a HUGE Ling Cod!

At least I got some good use out of my trout pole. Jeremy said he is going to get me a new one called the Whoopin Stick! That sounds perfect for me to use on him! Dual purpose fishing rod! hehe

I thank God for letting me live in such a beautiful place and for all the amazing fish I have been able to catch!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHATTA WOMAN!!!

Anonymous said...

I know this is my second comment...but I can NOT believe how HUGE thsat fish is....Jasen is VERY VERY jealous :)

Da Baums said...

I couldn't believe how big that fish was either. You should see how small my pole was. It only had line that was supposed to catch a 10 lb fish but I caught a monster! Jeremy said it is the biggest Ling Cod he's seen!

fishthewest said...

K Baum...Though you would find some humor in this posting: http://www.fishthewest.blogspot.com/

Eric & Sarah said...

Kristi, What a fish story! I'm envious! You and my mom will have to exchange fish stories. I think women are just naturally better fisher"men".

Julie said...

I was just comparing pictures and OK - You Win! Dennis Nice Fish!